Sample file: /files/77/editor/files/JOM_SS_OeRNEK_DOSYA.docx
1. Journal of Migration and Settlement Studies publishes Turkish and English abstracts of articles. Therefore, abstracts should be included in the articles, not exceeding 200 words.
2. In order to be able to index articles, 4 - 5 word Keywords should be added in Turkish and English under the abstracts.
3. The article should not contain any name or institution information about the author. This issue should be considered as our journal will use the “Blind Referee System”.
4. To upload an article to the journal, you must first register. After making your registration, you can upload your article to the system under the "Submit a Manuscript" title on the system. You can follow the referee and publication stages of the article from your User Panel.
5. The articles submitted to the journal should not be published before or they should not be in the evaluation process of another journal at the same time. Symposium papers can be published in our journal on condition that this issue is notified.
6. Journal of Migration and Settlement Studies requests a similarity report from the authors in order to prevent scientific unethical uses. In accordance with scientific ethical rules, in case of a similarity with another publication over 20 %, the articles will be returned to the author without being sent to the referee.
7. The extended English abstract of at least 600 and at most 1200 words should be attached to the end of the article.
8. Authors should prepare their articles in accordance with the following page layout:
- Paper Size: A4 Portrait
- Margins: Top (2.5 cm), Bottom (2.5 cm), Left (2.5), Right (2.5)
- Paragraph Head: 1,25 cm
- Block Quote: 0.5 cm on both sides
- Typefont: Times News Roman
- Line Spacing: Single
- Font Size: 11 Point (References and Block Citation: 9 Point)
- Paragraph Spacing: Lower and Upper 6 pt
SHOWİNG FOOTNOTES AND REFERENCES
Footnotes will be at the bottom of the page. The sources to be included in the footnote will be as in the examples given below where they first passed. Book and journal titles should be written in italics.
- Alpaslan Demir, Osmanlı’da Göç ve Göçmenler, Kitabevi Yayınevi, İstanbul 2021, s. 40.
- Alpaslan Demir, “15-16. Yüzyıl Göç Çalışmalarında Yöntem ve Terkedilmiş Köyler Meselesi: Menemen Kazası Örneği”, Genel Türk Tarihi Araştırmaları Dergisi, C. 2, S. 3, 2020, s. 137.
- Yasin Dönder, XVI.-XX. Yüzyıllarda Anadolu’da Kaybolan Yerleşmeler: Tokat Örneği, Basılmamış Doktora Tezi, Tokat Gaziosmanpaşa Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Tokat 2020, s. 121.
Reusing the Same Source:
In the previously cited books, theses and articles: author surname, first few words of the publication, page number:
- Demir, Osmanlı’da Göç …, s. 32.
- Demir, “15-16. Yüzyıl Göç …”, s. 45.
The resources used in the article will be included under the title of “Bibliography”. The works in the bibliography will be shown as 11 points as in the examples below.
- DEMİR, Alpaslan, Osmanlı’da Göç ve Göçmenler, Kitabevi Yayınevi, İstanbul 2021.
- DEMİR, Alpaslan, “15-16. Yüzyıl Göç Çalışmalarında Yöntem ve Terkedilmiş Köyler Meselesi: Menemen Kazası Örneği”, Genel Türk Tarihi Araştırmaları Dergisi, C. 2, S. 3, 2020, s. 137-142.
- DÖNDER, Yasin, XVI.-XX. Yüzyıllarda Anadolu’da Kaybolan Yerleşmeler: Tokat Örneği, Basılmamış Doktora Tezi, Tokat Gaziosmanpaşa Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, Tokat 2020